|Welcome||Planning||Important Dates||Things to do at Home||Gallery|
Welcome to our Nursery Class page. Nursery is a time for new beginnings, making friends, and learning lots of new & exciting things each and every day. In our Nursery we aim to provide a caring, happy and stimulating environment for all children. Nursery is a very exciting time for the children where they can enjoy learning through play. Please check our website regularly for important dates and see what we have been working on.
- Every child must bring a coat to school
- Please leave a spare full set of clothes in the Nursery
- We use our outdoor provision daily so wellies are essential!
- Please label everything!
In Nursery we offer the children opportunities to learn and explore through play during continuous provision which regularly changes both indoors and outdoors. The children learn through both adult led and child initiated learning. Learning through play is essential for a child's development.
This term we will be learning about Ourselves- All about Me!
At St Margaret Ward we follow the Letters & Sounds phonics programme. The children will be working on Phase Two phonics and will be learning a sound a week. The children will continue to practice the Jolly Phonics songs for each letter sound along with the action. Can you please support your child at home by encouraging them to listen to and join in with the jolly phonics songs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djz82FBYiug
Things to do at Home
You can help your child’s development at home:
- Encourage your child to talk about what they have been learning in school – encourage your child to speak clearly using full sentences
- Encourage your child to find their name cards at Nursery
- Encourage your child to write their name using correct letter formation
- Support your child in learning to love and look after books - join a local library
- Encouraging your child to become more independent in their self-care, dressing and eating
- Practise holding and using pencils and scissors effectively.
Also have a look under the 'Parent Information' tab then select Home/School Partnership for more photos...